Monday 14 January 2019

# movie # recommendation

Rampant

Holla assalamualaikum people ! How are you doing ? This is a review of Rampant, a korean movie which was released around October last year. I watched this movie with a friend of mine, she constantly pursuing me that I should watch this, so I did (only to shut her up). Well, it is not a bad choice actually. So, here is the review ~

not mine; credited to the rightful owner


Title : Rampant / Outbreak / Rage / Changgwol / 창걸
Runtime : 121 minutes
Country : Korea
Distributor : Next Entertainment World
Genre : Action, Zombie
Plot :

Lee Chung is a prince of Joseon, but he was taken hostage by the Qing Dynasty. He is a womanizer, and enjoys gambling. Despite that, he is an amazing swordsman. When his brother, Lee Young the crown prince succeed the throne, he brought Lee Chung back to Joseon. At a village, he faced a human that acts like monster during the night. Despite didn't wanted to take responsibility for the villagers, Lee Chung are forced to as he return to the palace. 

Basically, this is a zombie movie that happened during Joseon era. Fun facts, this movie was premier at 19 countries during the same period.

SPOILER ALERT

Okay, since this is a movie that I had watched few months back, and had no intention to watch it, this review might be a bit blurry and confusing ? But I will try my best. First, I was confused with the story line because one, it happened during Joseon era where I had a hard time to identify who is who (sorry but I don't really recognized Hyun Bin and Dong Gun to differentiate them), and two, it is a zombie movie, so the cinematography is usually at a dark places. But, it was soon resolve when Lee Chung arrived at the palace. It is clear to me then.

Just like how fast 'Train To Busan' story develop, Rampant is also a fast moving movie. There was not even one moment where I lost interest to watch the movie. Every scenes filmed, is a must to watch, especially when we are wondering the reason why there was a zombie at the era. And yeah, it was not revealed at the end of the movie. During the falling action of the movie,  the reason why the zombie rampant exist in Joseon era was revealed, although it is a bit unclear how the first zombie got the you know, the zombie DNA.

I really love Hyun Bin character in this movie. He acts as a prince who didn't want the throne, he even went against his father. He had no intention to rule the nation. When his people asked him to protect them, he was reluctant, saying that he had no potential to do so. But the situation change his perspective and he eventually thinks that he needed to be on the throne, to protect his people.

Out of 10, I would rate this to be 8.7. It is a great movie and I was actually glad that my friend insist that I should watch this. It is definitely worth it.

-thes


1 comment: