Monday 27 May 2019

# movie # recommendation

27 Dresses

Assalamualaikum, hola ! Alright, it's been more or less three days since I'm home. I've officially finished the last examination for my diploma life and I hope that the results will be better. For a little celebration, I wanted to post a review and I had chose this one out of all reviews in my draft. And another thing that I will post about is my diploma life, everything. I still can't believe that I have finished this chapter of my life. So, here it is.

not mine; credited to the rightful owner


Title : 27 Dresses
Runtime : 111 minutes
Released year : 2008
Genre : Rom-com
Distributor : 20th Century Fox
Country : United States
Cast : Katherine Heigl, James Marsden
Plot :

Jane Nichols is a secretary to George whom she loves. Jane also loves to attend wedding and she has been bridesmaid for 27 wedding. One night, Jane had to attend two wedding simultaneously. She keep disappearing from one wedding to attend another which raise curiosity of Kevin Doyle. Jane world turn upside down when her sister came back and fall in love with her boss. Both of them announced their wedding and Tess (Jane's sister) wanted Jane to handle everything for their wedding. Tess then invited a newspaper reporter which turned out to be Kevin Doyle. Kevin supposed to write about the love story of Tess and George had another intention. He wanted his article in the front page of the newspaper, so he started writing about Jane, being the forever bridesmaid.

SPOILER ALERT

This is actually a very lovable story. The plot is very very very nice and cute at the same time. The theme of family-first actually fit this movie very well. Even thought I hate Jane for being so nice and supportive for Tess when she announce that they will get married when she actually in love with the groom. However, I felt so sorry for her when she disclose all of Tess secret on her engagement night. Like, if it were ever happen to me, I wouldn't want to meet my sister at all. But still, what she did is a right thing to do.

This movie had a very strong opening scene, whereby Jane attend two wedding simultaneously and had to change inside taxi. I mean, who did that ?! This scene kind of leave a big impression on me. And also, this is the first time Jane came to know Kevin Doyle. The second best scene is when Jane tried out all of the 27 bridesmaid dresses she own and show them off to Kevin. I think that it is very interesting because every dresses had its own theme and watching every single dresses make me wanted to have one unique wedding which I doubt will happen.

Next, I personally love the chemistry of the main cast. I actually have a very little knowledge of the American artists that I often mistaken them for someone else. Apparently,  the one who act as Kevin is one of the cast in X-MEN. Well, I wouldn't know that if my friend didn't inform me. Lol. They seriously were a perfect match for this movie. I love it when they were stuck in the outskirt and had fun together.The moment Jane confessed her love to Kevin in the public, it is so lovable.

I would give 8/10 for this movie. And for the closing quote,

"You couldn't start a relationship based on lie" - Jane

-thes

No comments:

Post a Comment