Saturday 5 October 2019

# k-drama review # review

Manhole

Assalamualaikum ! Remember when I said that I would do tons and tons reviews ? Well, I guess this might be the last review of that tons and tons reviews. I usually updated about two reviews per week, but after this one, it may became one per week or even per fortnight. I kind of feeling too lazy to type and yeah, we will see how it goes.

not mine; credited to the rightful owner

Title : Manhole / Manhole : Pil's Wonderland / Maenhol - Isanghan Naraui Pil /맨홀:이상한 나라의필
Episodes : 16
Genre : Fantasy, Romance
Network : KBS2
Cast : Kim Jae Joong, UEE, Jung Hye Sung, Baro
Plot :

Bong Pil had been studying for his civil servant exam for three years. He was unenthusiastic about studying and became more devastated when his first love for the past 28 years, Soo Jin will get married. One week before the wedding, Bong Pil threw a fit during Soo Jin's box ceremony night. He then falls into a manhole and found himself traveled through time. Bong Pil then became determined to prevent Soo Jin's wedding.


SPOILER ALERT


When  I first watched this drama, I actually did not enthusiastic about it and actually wanted to stop watching. But then I decided to give it a shot till I found myself at the last episode. This type of drama were not really in my interest so it is a bit boring for me.

Unlike another time travel drama I had watched, this drama had a little bit differences from the rest. And I honestly think that it was refreshing and unique.  The first time that Pil realized that he had travel was when he woke up being in the class during his high school. He think that he was dreaming but it was too real to be a dream. He then took the chance to rewrite his life story. His time traveled was only limited to 12 hours; he would be in the past from 12 in the afternoon then back to present. His present was changed according to how he behaved and what he did in his past. And most of them was not how he expected them to be.

The plot was entertaining for me because I found myself anticipate what would happen in the present if the behave the way he was. I couldn't stop myself from continue watching the next episode. I seriously loved how the manhole affect the period of Pil's time travel. It was hilarious when he was forced to travel one hour earlier than the usual time. Pil also found difficulty to travel when the manhole was blocked.

The way the plot unraveled was so smooth. I love how they twist Soo Jin's fiance real demeanor. It was unexpected and uncalled for. I think I would enjoyed this drama more if the fiance did not had a dark side. You know, sticking to one thing, one genre, ts'all. However, I am not completely against his hidden character. Some people may find it interesting.

This drama had a large number of supporting roles and as usual, I was overwhelmed. Especially when this roles was revealed all at once. The first episode was really a headache for me. This also became one of the reason I wanted to stop watching this drama all together. But then, these roles had important part of their own and their lives was also affected during Pil's time traveled.

For the overall, I really enjoyed and had fun  while watching this drama. However, if someone asked me if I would re-watched this drama, then it is a no from me. For those who enjoyed and loved this genre of drama may enjoyed this drama to the fullest.

-thes

9 comments:

  1. too much supporting cast would be nuisance to watch as I have very low memory haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the same case for me too ! But i decided to give this drama a shot anyway

      Delete
  2. saya tengok drama ni di KBS tapi tak pernah habis dan tak tahu ending dia macam mana..haha..need to watch this online then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha.. kalau saya tengok kat tv memang selalu halfway..

      Delete
  3. I love this k-drama. Sabar je lah tengok watak Kim Jae Joong dalam tu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kannn, tak expect pun dia boleh pegang character macam tu. i mean, he had this cool aura but then this character had broke that.

      Delete
  4. k drama selalu macam tu . Staring bosan sampai rasa macam overall cerita tu tak best . Once dah tengok sampai 5 6 episod baru rasa cerita tu sebenarnya best .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kannn, tak sangka pun ada plot twist haih

      Delete
  5. ada plan nak tengok drama tapi lupa macam tu je..hehe

    ReplyDelete