Saturday 23 January 2021

# movie # review

Catch Me

Assalamualaikum, good day dearest! I had watch this movie for like, two or three months ago. Procrastinating brought me here. Anyway, here is the review!

not mine; credited to the rightful owner



Title : Catch Me / Steal My Heart
Runtime : 114 minutes
Genre : Romantic Comedy, Crime
Country / Language : South Korea / Korean
Released year : 2013
Director : Lee Hyun Jong
Writer : Yoo Young Ah, Lee Hyun Jong
Cast : Kim Ah Joong, Joo Won
Plot : 

Ho Tae is a hotshot criminal profiler. He is working for a serial killer case. During a stakeout to catch the suspect, the suspect was met with a hit and run case. Ho Tae then assures everyone that he will catch the driver. After locating the driver, Ho Tae went to arrest him but he didn't expect to meet his ex-lover, Yoon Jin Sook after 10 years. He also learnt that Jin Sook is a skilled thief that stole priceless artworks. She has been on the wanted list for a long time.

SPOILER ALERT

I am not sure if I ever said this but romantic comedy is my guilty pleasure. I mean, who doesn't love watching romantic drama/movie with a slap of comedy?! However, this movie is not really for me. It does have the vibe of the comedy and everything but I, somehow find it a little... cringy? And boring, which I am sure that I should not be bored while watching a rom-com, but I am!

First off, I think Ho Tae's character development is a little off. At first, he is a career-driven man who did everything to make sure that he got the promotion that he deserves. But then, when he met Jin Sook again, he suddenly throw away his career. It didn't help that he is immediately smitten with her as soon as he met her. He went as far as hiding a criminal because what? She didn't have license during the accident and he felt sorry for her? Work ethics out of the picture.

Next, Yoon Jin Sook's character is sigh. I personally did not like her character at all. Her character came a little too naive and dumb? I was really anticipate a plot twist where she had a little more impact apart from how skilled she is in burglary. Was so disappointing.

What I really really couldn't understand is why the hell Ho Tae helped Jin Sook to clear her charges and name. Just for love? Really? Ugh. Maybe it was me that hasn't watch much rom-com but I really couldn't understand his judgement on this one. Why can't he just arrest her and helped her reduce her sentence or something? Major disappointment.  

As for the comedy part, I think yeah, there was time when I really really laugh. But for the other comedy scenes, they just managed to get me to chuckle. And that's it. I don't think this movie fit my taste so I don't think I will re-watch this again. However, you guys may enjoy this movie more than I did, let me know if you are!



For more movie reviews, please visit 'Movie Reviews' on the menu tab !

-thes

4 comments:

  1. wahh ada joo won. tak pernah pula tengok movie ni..btw nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rasanya movie ni macam tak berapa popular... tapi bila google macam pernah baca ada menang award...thank you tiara!

      Delete
  2. Cerita lama.. Tak pernah tengok lagi rasanya..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haah, 2013 pnya movie... ni pun kebetulan jumpa pastu baca sinopsis macam best

      Delete