Thursday 27 April 2023

# bookreview # english

Reviving The Spirit Of Ramadan: Beyond Do's & Don'ts by Ustaz Hasrizal Abdul Jamil & Aqtar Mohamed Ummar

 Assalamualaikum, good day dearest!





Title: Reviving The Spirit Of Ramadan: Beyond Do's & Don'ts by Ustaz Hasrizal Abdul Jamil & Aqtar Mohamed Ummar

Author(s): Ustaz Hasrizal Abdul Jamil & Aqtar Mohamed Ummar

Pages: 139

Genre: Islamic, Non-Fiction

Publisher: Abideen Press

Year published: 2021

ISBN: 9789671444146

Blurb:

Reviving The Spirit Of Ramadan: Beyond Do's & Don'ts invites readers to reflect upon their understanding of and practices in the month of Ramadan.


Ramadan is not just about do's and don'ts, but rather a holistic package to transform us into better human beings working towards perfection. It is a noble journey to attain TAQWA, to establish values of PROACTIVENESS and SELF-CONTROL in order to live a meaningful life for the next eleven months.


The content of this book is organised in a way that is easy to digest throughout your 30 days of Ramadan, simple to explain and share with your family members and peers.


It is our best hope that this special edition will be beneficial for you to revive the spirit of Ramadan - as if it is your last one!


I started reading this book in March in order to brace for the upcoming Ramadan but then life get in and I don't really have the mood to read so comes Ramadan and on the first Syawal, I finally finished it. It was meant to be like this, I would say. Every chapter I read, it was really fitting at the time when I read it. So, here is my take on this very fruitful book.


The starting chapters were easy to follow, with simple wording and sentences. The beginning part was a part where I would annotate the most (I don't annotate fiction but I did non-fic) and learnt the best. I also loves how the author would also include personal stories, adding personal touch to the book and shared lessons from those experiences. Messages from each chapter was delivered successfully to me. Plus, those chapters were short in pages.


This book had taught me that Ramadan is a month of self-control and self-training. A month of practice for the other remaining months. Not only talking about Ramadan but it also talked about the month of Syawal, the month of self-liberation and freedom and its deeper meaning. 


Some of the chapters that I love to go back to:

✔ An Ordinary and Extraordinary Belief

✔ Even if It May for the Sake of Orphans

✔ The Wisdom of Fasting for Youngsters

✔ Who is Behind the Quran

✔ Khutbah: Self-Liberation on Eid al-Fitr


p/s: I know it's almost a week, but Salam Aidilfitri semua!

-thes

No comments:

Post a Comment