Sunday 30 April 2023

# bookreview # english

Will You Stay by Norhafsah Hamid

  Assalamualaikum, good day dearest!





Title: Will You Stay

Author: Norhafsah Hamid

Pages: 324 pages

Genre: Romance, Drama, Islamic

Publisher: IMAN Publication

Year published: 2021

ISBN: 9789672459132

Blurb:

"If you love Allah and take care of your relationship with Him, He will take care of the people whom you love."

***

Amy is a  30-year-old doctor who strives tom live a meaningful life, choosing to focus on enjoying the company of her friends and committed in nurturing her faith.


The unexpected presence of someone from her friend's past sirs up feeling within her. What she was afraid to dream of before this, presented itself to her like a ray of hope from God.


Just as her newfound happiness begin to colour her life, her faith is put to the test. Will love stay or will it leave? Will she surrender herself to the One whose love is eternal?


In this book, award-winning author, Norhafsah Hamid takes reader on a heart-warming journey of understanding what it means to love compassionately and with mercy.


For what that is the kind of love that will lead us back to God.


Although I am very familiar with the author named Norhafsah Hamid, it is hard to believe that this is the first book that I read from her work. I always thought that 'Letters to God' series (I am looking for the old version one) would be my first but here we are.


This book follows a story of Amy, a doctor in a foreign land together with her besties, Hassan and Nieza. Now, their friendship is really something that worth to talk about. I really loves the dynamic of their friendship. For someone who doesn't really have a male friend, I really appreciate the way Hassan cared for his friends. Their supportiveness and always there for each other warms my heart. 


Comes Rasyid, a family friend of Hassan and someone that passed by Amy's life. For a brief moment. Before, they know nothing of each other and now, they always think of each other. I really appreciate the effort that Rasyid put in to make Amy his. That confession was so sweet!


There is also a story of family. Of how Amy struggles with her mother's views, criticisms, and harsh words. Seriously, I had a very strong unlikeness for Amy's mother. I am so glad that she found a family through Rasyid. Also, the unexpected challenges for this couple after their marriage, boy, I felt really sorry for them. Overall, I like the story and its messages. Plus, the cover is really gorgeous!

-thes

No comments:

Post a Comment