Tuesday 19 July 2022

# movie # recommendation

Pitch Perfect [2012]

 Assalamualaikum, good day dearest! Been so long since my last movie review even though I definitely had watched so many movies in between this gaps. Especially since this last two weeks, I have marathon quite a number of franchises solely for my joy but I am so sorry that I could not share my thoughts on those movies because I don't make any kind of notes. Anyway, let's move on to this review.



Title: Pitch Perfect

Runtime: 112 minutes

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Musical

Country/Language: United States/English

Director: Jason Moore

Writer: Kay Cannon

Released year: 2012

Related title(s): Pitch Perfect 2, Pitch Perfect 3

Adaptation from: Pitch Perfect Novel by Mickey Rapkin

Casts: Anna Kendrick, Anna Camp, Brittany Snow, Rebel Wilson, Skylar Astin

Plot: 

Beca, a collage freshman who wanted absolutely nothing to do with collage was cajoled into joining Bellas Barden, one of the four acapella groups in the university. Beca wants to be a DJ living in L.A but her father was adamant that she try out collage for one year before making her decision out of it. When Chloe, the second in command in the Bellas overheard Beca's singing, she encourage her to auditioned for the group. Feeling the pressure of the failure from the previous year, Aubrey, the senior and leader of Bellas became more pressing on the newcomers especially Beca since they both had different of how to win the International Championship Collegiate A Capella (ICCAC) and simultaneously take down the reigning kings, The Treblemakers, an all boys acapella group from their university.

Trailer: 


Pitch Perfect is one of those movies that been in one comfort watch and it definitely will be on mine. I am a big fan of musical type of movie hence why this movie will be on my comfort watch list. When Beca first came onto the screen, I personally thought she will be ruder and nastier, probably because of her make up and all the music mixing before getting in the taxi. But girl, she is a great character. I was thrown off when she actually greeted her roommate first and well, got ignored. 


Though I don't really enjoyed acapella but with the way they incorporated the songs was truly enjoyable. The performance was also very exciting and got me feeling myself. I just hope to see more of them training on the choreographies than just throwing it all out there. 


I think Fat Amy was probably everyone's favorite and dude, I like her too. She is so hilarious and her comments often make me laugh. Oh, the comedy in this comedy were actually are comedy. And surprise surprise, I actually loves one another character other than Beca and Fat Amy. Oh two actually. It was Chloe. I love how she doesn't actually just listen to what Aubrey said to do and instead make her own decision, like inviting Beca to the auditioned despite Aubrey's reluctance. She got spine, unlike those other school chick-flicks whereby the nasty so called queen bee with spineless underlings. The other character that I enjoyed was Lilly, you know, that weird Asian girl. Her weird comments at mostly unrelated timing managed to cracked me up. I guess I am just a little easier to laugh tonight.


The chemistry between Beca and Jesse was there and I really enjoyed their flirting. It however probably needs a little more development because even though they are like got the chemistry going, their characters don't actually feels like it would lead to a romantic relationship. It was more like harmless flirting of some sort. Anyway, this is just my opinion.


Overall, if you are willing to overlook those complicated plot lines and character developments, you might as well get on with the music of this movie. It was a perfect pitch (ha! lame)! Just I wonder, who actually wins the ICCAC? Did I miss it?


For more movie reviews, please visit 'Movie Reviews' on the menu tab !

-thes

2 comments:

  1. I have been watching this movies many many times. It is really amazing especially the singing part. I love their voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr!! also the songs are familiar with us so we could easily sing along too

      Delete