Tuesday 12 February 2019

# movie # recommendation

To All Boys I've Loved Before

Assalamualaikum, hey everyone ? How's life treating you so far ? As for me, I just had a one week holiday (because of CNY, when I suppose to have only days off, but my classmates were all to enthusiastic to celebrate CNY *notethesarcasm). And, I had two quizzes today, this evening and night. I am hoping that I could excel, pray for me. Anyway, let's get to the review !

not mine; credited to the rightful owner


Title : To All Boys I've Loved Before
Runtime : 99 minutes
Genre : Romance, Young Adult
Distributor : Netflix
Cast : Lana Condor, Noah Centineo
Based on : To All Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Plot :

Lara Jean live as an invisible teenager girl throughout her school life until her love letter for five boys was sent. She began get attention when she got into a fake relationship with Peter Kavinsky, one of the boy who received her letters.

I have finally able to watch this movie after all effort. 

SPOILER ALERT

This movie went viral on Twitter and other social media platform prior to its released and every girl on that platform was like, 'girls need someone like Peter' and 'someone like Peter or Josh' and so on. This manage to grab my attention and I thought that this is one of those super duper sweet kind of movie. But, I am not totally wrong tho.

The flow of the story is very good, and there is no room for me to get bored. Even thought the plot is something I am familiar with, (Wattpad has tons of books that involved fake relationship and fall in love) I can say that this movie is in its own level. The insecurities of Lara Jean to fall in love because as I would like to quote, 'Everyone will leave at the end' is very relateable to me.

Honestly speaking, I do not understand those Twitter girls who went crazy to have a boyfriend like Peter because in my opinion, he is just, I don't know how to say this, um, he is, well general ? I admit that I was amazed and adore him for his handsome face and for his bravery to stand up for Lara Jean at the hallway but beside that, there is nothing else.

Despite being a romance movie, this movie didn't exclude the role of family. I really adore the sisterhood of Covey girls. I gotta admit that I am not that close to my sisters or to any of my siblings. I even put some barriers between me and my family, like there is this invisible wall between us. I don't know

And, good news to Lara Jean fans, last December, it was announced that a sequel film will be released based on the sequel novel, 'P.S. I Still Love You'.

I think, I could give a 9/10 for this. It is an enjoyable movie and really worth my time and energy.

-thes

1 comment:

  1. Ramai yang recommend movie ni...cerita dia memang okay pun btw :)

    ReplyDelete