Friday 10 May 2019

# movie # recommendation

Bride Wars

Assalamualaikum everyone ! So, I have yet started my final even though most of other courses had started their's. Well, I guess today is just one of lucky days where I get bored studying ( who doesn't anyway ) and I decided to watch this movie. And it is absolutely the best ! So, here we go ~
not mine ; credited to the rightful owner

Title : Bride Wars
Runtime : 89 minutes
Released year : 2009
Genre : Romcom
Country : United States
Distributor : 20th Century Fox
Cast : Anne Hathaway, Kate Hudson, 
Plot :

Emma Allan and Olivia Lerner are bestfriends since they were six years old. Ever since witnessing a wedding at the Plaza Hotel, they had been planning for their wedding. Both of them wanted their wedding to held at the hotel and it must be in June. Emma and Liv was engaged at the age of 26 and they are expecting to be each other's maid of honor. They are able to schedule their wedding to be handle by the most wedding planner in New York. Everything was going smoothly until the wedding planner assistant messed up their date. Now, one of the bride need to change their date to another. However, none of them willing to give up their lifetime dream.

For the American or European movie, I gotta admit that I'm very sucks at finding a good movie. Normally, I only watched the superheros one but I rarely watch American rom-com. I am glad that I found this movie.

SPOILER ALERT

First off, the plot are really nice and very very very very enjoyable ! Especially when the two best friend became enemy to save protect their own lifetime dream, their wedding day ! They went all out to spoil each other biggest day so that only one of them can be the bride of the day. It seriously hilarious. The best one is when Liv change the color of Emma's body spray(?) and as a revenge, Emma change Liv's hair dye to blue, which was really contra to her hair color and definitely not suitable for her profession.

This movie emphasizes on the friendship of Emma and Liv, which really obvious. Upon their war declaration, Emma and Liv found themselves behaving out of their norms. Liv who were confident, had a strong sense of leadership and always ahead of others found herself grew sensitive and more expressive. Daniel (Liv's fiance) suggest that she should made up with Emma as she is the only one who would understand her the best. Meanwhile, Emma, the girl who always submissive, keep her thought to herself and composed had grew more aggressive and able to stand up for herself. This however cause her to almost losing her fiance (Fletcher) because he thought that she is different from what he met. Which in the end, Emma gave up on him.

This movie had me hoping that I would find myself a friend and partner who would accept me for what I am. I actually expect that Fletcher would left Emma because he is in love with the composed and calm Emma and not when she grew aggressive and able to express herself more. I was actually very glad that they mentioned who Emma married to, at the end of the movie. So, it is not disappointing at all.

I assure you that those 89 minutes are actually not enough as I found myself craving for more when the movie was about to reach the end. I seriously need more movie like this one. It's not heavy and not boring. I definitely will watch this again and again. So, I have no other choice than giving a high rating for this movie, 9.8/10 !

Okay, I guess, this is where I should end the review, most true and relatable quote,

"Life is not perfect honey, it's messy" - Daniel
-thes

1 comment:

  1. lama dah kot cite ni but i still love it sbb i like the actresses hehe

    ReplyDelete