Saturday 18 May 2019

# k-drama review # recommendation

The Player

Assalamualaikum ~ So, how is your Ramadan so far ? Still full or nah ? Make sure to be in your best throughout this Ramadan, I am rooting for you guys  (also me><)! I am currently having a quite big gap for my next paper which will not happen till  the 21, so why not I fill my time with writing another review. 

I think I am in love with OCN dramas. Omgggg help mehhh.

not mine ; credited to the rightful owner


Title : The Player / Peulreieo / 더플레이어
Episodes : 14
Genre : Action, Crime
Network : OCN
Cast : Song Seong Hoon, Tae Won Seok, Lee Si Un, Krystal
Plot :

Kang Hari is a swindler. He then met with Im Byung Min, a hacker and Do Jin Woong, a fighter. They made money by fooling the big corporate owners and turn them to the police. Kang Ha Ri then purpose that they should took money from the biggest conglomerate  as he is caught in illegal act. However, they need a driver for their  plan to work. This is where Cha Ah Ryung came into the picture as she is a skilled driver. She then join the team as it will benefit them.

Another action drama that are really really good. But then, action is always good ^^

SPOILER ALERT

Honestly, I didn't want to watch this drama because of Krystal. I don't even know why but I don't like seeing her in dramas. However, the synopsis and all of the reviews of this drama is positive which made me change my mind. And I am glad that I did watch this drama. The first thing I'm going to talk is about the plot. I have to admit that the storyline are not really fantastic as compared to other action drama. It has the typical action drama whereby each of the protagonist are related to each other.  And what I really love is there is no romance or there is but a very little one that I didn't notice (?) in this drama. Ha ! That is the best part.

At first, I though Kang Ha Ri became a conman because of a rough childhood. Bur he actually is looking for the truth of his father's death. He wanted to reveal the truth behind his death. Hence, he brought the other three to accomplish his mission. Even so, when the others found out about his mission, he refused to get their help in getting his revenge. Talk about charisma, I guess.

Each character's side story were told and slowly revealed. Thus, there is no question left at the end of the story. The main protagonist are not exactly excellent at everything which I found it quite unique. At that, each of the other three will make up for his weaknesses. I really love the chemistry between the team. Especially when Cha Ah Ryung got into trouble and the other three tried so hard to save her despite her rude comment about them. They argue like siblings which I found that cute. Even though this drama is centered on the action and crime drama, the amount of comedy is sufficient enough. It makes the drama became more lively. Especially when Byung Min and Jin Woong are in one frame. They are one hilarious pair, ever.

As I watch from episodes to another, from the start till the ending, I actually lost with the timeline. I am not sure whether it is only me or not, but yeah. I was a little confused with the end. The story started with a bunch of reporters asking the prosecutor on the name of the special unit team which had caught all of the corrupted civil servants, conglomerates and corporation (I suppose is the player) However, the couple of last episodes show that three of the protagonist is caught and was sentenced to be jailed. I can't get that connected.

Beside of that, there is nothing that bother me. The plot completely satisfy me and the cast is definitely the best. No more pessimism towards Krystal's acting. Lol. I would gladly rate this for 7/10.

"Everyone has a story to tell, so do I" -Kang Ha Ri
-thes

No comments:

Post a Comment