Friday 14 August 2020

# japan # movie

Tomorrow I Will Date With Yesterday's You

Assalamualaikum, good day dearest ! So last night I was a little bored and decided to watch a movie and this time I decided to go for a Japanese movie. So, here is the review ~ Oh, wow I really update well this week.

not mine; credited to the rightful owner


Title : Tomorrow I Will Date With Yesterday's You / My Tomorrow, Your Yesterday
Runtime : 111 minutes
Genre : Youth, Romance
Country / Language : Japan / Japanese
Released year : 2016
Director : Takahiro Miki
Writer : Takafumi Nanatsuki (novel), Tomoko Yoshida
Cast : Sota Fukushi, Nana Komatsu
Plot : 

Takatoshi Minamiyami is an art major at a university. One morning, while riding the train to his university, he saw Emi Fukuju and fall in love at first sight. Gathering up his courage, he talked to her. They begin to date and enjoy the days. Emi however had a secret that she had to tell him.

This movie is based on a novel of the same title by Takafumi Nanatsuki which was published in 2014. 

SPOILER ALERT

Oh wow ! Haven't made a Japan movie review for so long ! Okay, this movie is very light at the beginning it is a really cute love story between Emi and Takatoshi at the youth. The age frame I am in, ehem. Anyway I was smiling all through the first 30 minutes because of the awkwardness of Takatoshi and the bold Emi really cute together. The way their relationship grows in a span of one month is precious and makes me craves for my own but nah, I'm not in hurry.

If you pay attention well enough, you will realized that Emi had dropped the subtle hints of her secret. And I really keep guessing her secret. Well, without spoiling too much, I can only said that this movie had a concept of parallel world. Once her secret was out, I keep trying to match the timeline and got confused every time and I eventually stop and just enjoy the movie.

Apart from the concept, I love the cinematography ! It was so beautiful and the places they shoot was just stunning and gorgeous ! It makes me wanted to go and visit Japan someday. This movie is great to binge watch in the middle of night and that's exactly what i did. It was so light and a little bit tear so, it is perfect for midnight binge watch. Last plus point, the heroin are so cute ! I love it when she smiles.



Fun fact, i recognize Sota as one of the casts for Kamen Rider and I'm not even a fan. I just watched the glimpsed aired on TV3 and to think thta I really recognized him was funny.

For more movie reviews, please visit 'Movie Reviews' on the menu tab !

-thes

8 comments:

  1. i would like to visit Japan someday too^^
    nice review!
    happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. i watch this movie in between my classes because as you said it's light-hearted. i love nana komatsu, she's so cute!! and takatoshi is cute too arghh!! sorry i'm having my fangirling moment hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you sure know how to fit in between ! no worries, i think they're cute too !

      Delete
  3. Woah macam best. sat g sis tengok k. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice review. i suka fukushi sota, nanti nak cari movie ni..hehe

    ReplyDelete