Tuesday 2 August 2022

# bookreview # english

The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

Assalamualaikum, good day dearest! 




Title: The Love Hypothesis
Author: Ali Hazelwood
Pages: 356 pages
Publisher: Berkley Books
Year published: 2021
ISBN: 9780593336823
Blurb: 

As a third-year Ph.D. candidate, Olive Smith doesn't believe in lasting romantic relationships -  but her best friend does, and that's what got her into this situation. Convincing Ahn that Olive is dating and well on her way to a happily ever after was always going to take more than hand-wavy Jedi mind tricks: Scientists require proof. So, like any self-respecting biologist, Olive panics and kisses the first man she sees.

That man is none other than Adam Carlsen, a young hotshot professor - and well known ass. Which is why Olive is positively floored when Standford's reigning lab tyrant agrees to keep her charade a secret and be her fake boyfriend. And when  a big science conference goes haywire, putting Olive's career o e Bunsen burner, Adam surprises her again with his unyielding support and even more unyielding... six-pack abs.

Suddenly, their little experiment feels dangerously close to combustion. And Olive discovers that the only thing more complicated than a hypothesis on love is putting her own heart under the microscope.

After so long, I finally read an English physical books. So, the review will be in English. This book receives so much love from the bookstagram community (maybe the book community from other social medias too, idk) so I took my chance and buy a preloved one. So here is my view.

First, I understand why this book received so much love because I love it too! This book features a grad student, Olive who unintentionally got into a fake relationship with the grumpy, young and a grade A asshole professor, Adam. But this grumpy, asshole professor was actually not all grumpy nor asshole all the time. He is actually very sweet and caring and attentive. I love how he got all cute and soft but with that fake annoyance with Olive but turned into a dragon with other grad students. 

And Olive, she is so hilarious! I love her somewhat chaotic character and gosh, her monologues! They are golden and often makes me laugh out load! Really. And when you combine Olive and Adam together, you got a perfect match! I freaking in love with their every interactions and banters and everything. 

Another point that I love is the way STEM postgraduate student's life is being portray. With economics is one of the STEM major (at least in US it is) I feel like I could relate a lot with her. Not that I am a grad student. Anyway, I think it is satisfying to read something that I might be familiar but unfamiliar at the same time. It is also interesting reading how the researches are conducted with the grant and all. 

Oh, don't be fooled with the cute cover because there is spice scene inside that you might want to avoid the young readers from. Yeap, definitely not for the young'uns. All and all, I love the book, I love Adam and Olive, I love every bits of this couple, they're so cute. 

-thes

2 comments:

  1. Bestlah baca review Thes ini.. Sha terus cari yang versi ebook.. Mana tahu nanti boleh baca.. tq share..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. youre welcome! haaa baca ebook ni jimat sikit drpd beli physical, kan.

      Delete