Wednesday 10 August 2022

# movie # recommendation

Clifford The Big Red Dog [2021]

 Assalamualaikum, good day dearest! Who is up for a review of animation movie? 





Title: Clifford The Big Red Dog

Runtime: 96 minutes

Genre: Comedy, Animation, Adventure

Country/Language: United States, Canada/English

Director: Walt Becker

Writer: Jay Scherick, David Ronn, Blaise Hemingway

Adaptation from: Clifford The Big Red Dog series written by Norman Bridwell and published by scholastic

Released year: 2021

Casts: Darby Camp, Jack Whitehall, Isaac Wang

Plot: 

Middle schooler Emily Elizabeth was a the new girl that always became a target at her new school as she is a scholarship student. When her mom had to work out of town, her Uncle Casey, a clumsy and clueless uncle became her sitter for the weekend. One morning, on their way to school, they encounter an animal rescue tent and met with a red puppy. Despite loving the puppy so much, Casey asked Emily to give the puppy back to the owner and made their way to the school. Later that day, Emily found the puppy inside her backpack and she named him Clifford. Emily promised her uncle to only let the dog stay for the night and they will return him back to the animal rescue's owner. As morning came, the small cute little puppy had grown so big and caused quite a commotion around New York City. As the dog became viral, it attract the attention of a genetics company that aimed to supersize animal to increase food supply. As Casey and Emily tried to find solution to bring Clifford back to his original size, they must fight off the genetics company people from taking Clifford from them.

Trailer: 



I came across this movie when I was watching one of Jack Whitehall's appearance on The Graham Norton Show few months ago and made my mind to watch it. But me, always the forgetful one so I... forgot about it. Anyway, while I was pondering either to watch a movie or just watch some random clips on YouTube and IGs, I suddenly remembered this movie, so, here we are.


First, the animation on that big red dog was so real and it almost looks like one. I wanted to give a high praised on the animation team for making the puppy as real it can be. I especially loves it when Clifford goes all puppy eyes to Casey and despite his enormous size, he really looks cute.


The storyline is easy to follow and filled with humors. I get enough laughing to last me for about 48  hours and whenever a random scene of this movie would pop-up in my brain. The fight in that deli store scene will be in my favorite silly fight scenes ever. I also loves the character development of Emily and Casey. I especially loves how Emily stood up for herself during that final scene. It was so touching. Not only the movie got humor, it also had sentimental moments when Clifford was about to shipped off to China in order for them to protect him. I was very sad for Emily. 


Setting aside a realistic elements, this movie is very much enjoyable for all ages especially for kids. If you are looking for a light family movie, this one will work out well. This movie will definitely be on my comfort watch and it could be yours too!


For more movie reviews, please visit 'Movie Reviews' on the menu tab !

-thes

6 comments: