Friday 10 March 2023

# movie # musical

The Greatest Showman [2017]

   Assalamualaikum, good day dearest! The weekend is here! The two weeks break were definitely not enough for me and now I have started the new semester, again. Hopefully I will get too burned for the semester. Anyway, here is a not really movie review from me.






Title: The Greatest Showman

Runtime: 105 minutes

Genre: Musical, Drama

Director: Michael Gracey

Writer: Jenny Bicks, Bill Condon

Released year: 2017

Casts: Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams, Zac Efron, Keala Settle, Rebecca Ferguson, Zendaya

Country/Language: USA/English

Plot: 

Orphaned, penniless, but ambitious and with a mind crammed with imagination and fresh ideas, the American entertainer, Phineas Taylor Barnum, will always be remembered as the man with the gift to blur the line between reality and fiction. Thirsty for innovation and hungry for success, the son of a tailor manages to open a wax museum; however, he soon shifts focus to the unique and the peculiar, introducing extraordinary, never-seen-before live acts on the circus stage. Now, some people call Barnum's rich collection of oddities, an outright freak show; but, when Phineas, obsessed for cheers and respectability, gambles everything on the opera singer, Jenny Lind, to appeal to a high-brow audience, he will lose sight of the most crucial aspect of his life: his family. Will Barnum, the greatest showman, risk it all to be accepted?

Trailer: 


*NOT REALLY A REVIEW BUT A RANT*

How can I missed this musical movie when I did musical movies marathon is beyond me. Anyway, before I watched this movie, I actually had listen to its soundtrack, A Million Dreams, This is Me, The Greatest Show, Never Enough, Rewrite The Stars and The Other Side so many times. And one day when I listen to one of the songs after watching High School Musical for idk how many times something in me just snap. Why on earth have I not watch this movie? So, here we are.


Since this movie kinda blown up the moment it released, I could say that I understand why it did. It had a serious plot going on with a seriously awesome music score. Who did not love This is Me? Not me. A man who did not know when to stop to prove a point until he realized that he is on the verge of losing his source of his inspiration and passion. Added  up a star crossed lover, who could resist? Not me. Duh.


And not to mention all the excitement and adrenaline I have while singing along to the music, pure heaven. It seriously had take my stress away so yeah, this movie would be high on my re-watching stress free list. I really recommend you guys to watch it, if you haven't. 


For more movie reviews, please visit 'Movie Reviews' on the menu tab !

-thes

No comments:

Post a Comment