Wednesday 26 July 2023

# bookreview # english

School of Thieves by Sabrina Ismail

  Assalamualaikum, good day dearest!



Title: School of Thieves

Author: Sabrina Ismail

Pages: 102

Genre: Middle-age, Young Adult

Publisher: Bookiut

Year published: 2023

ISBN:  9789673696871

Blurb:

Amra De Silva left school when she was young and become the sole bread winner of her family. When life hits her hard, she has no choice but to do dirty thief work in order to make ends meet. One day, a new family moves into town. It's her father, who had long abandon Amra and her family. Out of hatred, Amra plans to rob her rich father's house but gets caught red-handed.


However, it wasn't a policeman that caught her. In fact, she won't be facing any punishment at all. Instead, she gets recruited into School of Thieves, a place where criminal skills get polished and she is transformed into a criminal mastermind.


But how long will she be there for? What will happen to Amra's poor family? And will she ever get her revenge?


First of all, I wanna say that this book and all English fiction from Bookiut has seriously invested so much into the cover. It was soooo gorgeous especially with the gold-lining! Exquisite. This story of Amra and her recruitment into School of Thieves had me soo excited!


The first time when Amra was trying to get into her long-lost rich father house and robbed him was so so thrilling. Even though I know she will be caught and eventually went to the SOT, it was still thrilling and I really really hope that she will be succeed. The moment when she finally went to SOT, I could not put the book down. It was so so good. 


Everything that happened, it was described perfectly to the point that I had a series of vision that played out the scenes in my head. The book gives me the feel of watching K-drama. I was actually hoping for more scenes in the school and all of their subjects  because what the writer gave me, it was not enough. I feel like I need more. 


Every mission that Amra did was all for one and only goal, to reunite with her family, her ma and Andika. Mission in a mission, I loves it so much! Amra personal mission of getting away from SOT all while giving her all in team mission of robbing her father, yes, again. As I said, it was thrilling, even more than when she tried the first time. I swear I could not sit still when Amra and her team was trying to get away with the robbery, it was so nerve-wrecking!


It was a short read and I reeeeally hope there will be a continuation of SOT and Amra. I need to know how is she after everything. I could not get my head to agree that it is over. Seriously, author, please!

-thes

No comments:

Post a Comment