Friday 19 June 2020

# k-drama review # recommendation

Memorist

Assalamualaikum, good day dearest ! How are you all doing ? I have been feeling unmotivated these past days. Maybe because of the changes in the house. I have finished this drama for like a week and haven't had the mood to type in the review. I don't even start another drama because of this foul mood. Anyway, here it is. 



Title : Memorist 
Episodes : 16
Genre : Crime, Supernatural
Director : Kim Whee, Soo Jae Hyun
Writer : Ahn Do Ha, Hwang Ha Na
Network : tvN
Cast : Yoo Seung Ho, Lee Se Young, Cho Seung Ha, Go Chang Suk, Yoon Ji On, Jeon Hyo Seong
Related : based on webcomic of same title by Jae Hoo on Daum Wetoon Company
Plot :

Dong Baek is a detective that passionate on catching criminals. He however possessed a supernatural power when he is in high school. Whenever he touches someone, he is able to see the person's memory. His power was known to the public, making him famous as 'Telepathy Detective'. Han Sun Min is a profiler-professor turned high ranking police detective. She found a similarity in two different cases and went to investigate the case. Dong Baek then found out about the case and begun to try to join hands with her.


SPOILER ALERT

First of all, whoever said that this drama is similar to 'Remember - Son's War' definitely need to watch these two again and again because both of them had no similarity(in respect of storyline and plot) and at all. Okay, maybe even I thought these two dramas would be the same because of the actor, Yoo Seung Ho was the protagonist for both drama and his characters possess the ability in regards of memory. Despite that, the two characters did not possess the same ability as Jin Woo had a condition of an absolute memory which allows him to remember every details of his day. It is a special condition of his brain. And Dong Baek here had a supernatural power which allows him to read the memory of others by touching. Hence, both characters are completely different.

As for the plot, this drama might be  the craziest, most confusing  I have ever watched. It was nothing bad, actually because this drama makes me wanted to continue watching despite me passing my sleeping time. Guess who had panda eyes for a week ? Yeap, that's me ! At first, I thought this drama would be simply like other crime drama. You know, catching the serial killer that had an impossible obsession with the detective in charge, the usual drill ? However, this drama was nothing closer to that. 

Everything and everyone was related to one another. And everyone is a potential killer. Another interesting fact of the killer was he had the same superpower as Det. Dong Baek, if not more powerful. Despite changes between past and present, I don't find it annoying like I usually did. It intrigued me more as the past get unravel. I personally love the way they changes the saturation of the 'past' scenes, it looks great. 

By confusing, I mean, there was too much connection between the side characters and too much names and that's the thing that bother me. The longer you watches, more confusing it gets because one, the new person could be the killer and two the connecting they hold to the case. However, it all made sense as the story continues. I was seriously hooked and haven't be able to move on, just yet. And with the plot as the strength of this drama, by far, this drama is the best crime drama I have watched. Too bad my expectation on korean drama would gradually increased.

Twists after twists, the drama finally ended. Even after the killer was revealed, they still had little twist at the end. I can't say that I didn't like the ending because it definitely satisfy me enough

p/s: I'm still finding the mood to wrote on STP:SK book review.

For more k-drama reviews, please visit 'K-Drama Review' on the menu tab !
-thes

4 comments:

  1. tak sure lagi nak tengok drama ni ke tak sebab tak minat sangat dengan main lead. nampak macam best juga..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hhahhaha faham... but still, you should watch this !

      Delete
  2. Hari tu suami try tengok, tapi macam terbengkalai je. Tengok sedap layan tamil je. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha,pernah sekali jekot tengok cerita tamil, not bad lah...

      Delete