Wednesday 12 October 2022

# movie # recommendation

The Prince & Me [2004]

  Assalamualaikum, good day dearest! 




Title: The Prince & Me 

Runtime: 111 minutes

Genre: Romance, Comedy

Director: Martha Coolidge

Writer: Mark Amin, Katherine Fugate, Jack Amiel, Michael Begler

Released year: 2004

Language: English

Related title(s): The Prince & Me 2: The Royal Wedding, The Prince & Me 3: A Royal Honeymoon, The Prince & Me: The Elephant Adventure

Casts: Julia Stiles, Luke Mably, Ben Miller

Plot: 

Paige Morgan is a pre-med student in University of Wisconsin. Her only focus is to make it into John Hopkin and start working as a doctor. Her focus is disturbed when Eddie, an exchange student from Denmark start working at her working place and also her lab partner. The dislikes immediately changed to like and something more as she learns Eddie's personality. Paige then invited Eddie to spent the thanksgiving holiday at her home. Her bubble bursts when she found out that Eddie is Prince Edvard, the crown prince of Denmark and broke off with him. Meanwhile, Eddie had been summon to home as his father's health had deteriorated and he had to accept his fate as the crown prince. 

Trailer: 



I found this movie while trying to watch something light, something royal and something Cinderella. And boy, I am not disappointed, it even exceed my expectation! First of all, I love love love love the chemistry between the two main actors, Julia Stiles and Luke Mably. 


I came expecting some cheesy crown prince falling for a commoner then had to take the throne but the king and queen disapprove of the prince's choice and they had to prove them wrong and all. Well, admittedly, that is the foundation of this movie too but the plot had much more than the surface, as predictable as it can be. And I love it!


I personally enjoy the way Prince Edvard or Eddie court Paige and the time they spent together had so much sparks. Especially the one when they spent time with Paige's family. These two are so cute together and I really can't stop smiling. The side character, Soren aka the person in charge of taking care of Eddie while they were in USA always lifts up the mood and I totally am down for that. Even the friends of Paige, though only had minimal appearance, they somehow left quite an impact on me and on the story.


The movie was very much enjoyable and work wonderful on me. I love the balance of the conflicts and resolutions, light and heavy. It was perfect watch for me. And honestly? The almost two hours is not nearly enough for me. I need more (I know there is like another 3 in this franchise but Julia is only in this film, wonder how it will be like)! Another thing that I enjoy was the cinematographic of the locations, both Denmark (it was film somewhere else but I forgot where) and the university. It somehow added to the 'fairy-tale' vibe. 


For more movie reviews, please visit 'Movie Reviews' on the menu tab !

-thes

2 comments:

  1. best....layan je citer ni & suka lakonan Julia tu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suka Julia tu.. Tak ingatlah penah tengok ke tak filem ini..

    ReplyDelete